[Openmcl-devel] Backups, revision control, and taking over the world
joswig at lisp.de
Thu Aug 6 06:40:27 EDT 2009
Am 05.08.2009 um 22:50 schrieb Ron Garret:
> I wanted to change the way Hemlock stores backups. I like having
> backups, but I don't like having them stored with the emacs convention
> of appending a twiddle to the file name.
I don't have a problem with that.
Some related stuff bothers me:
* I have a file open in CCL
* the file gets changed on the disk using another editor, say, LispWorks
* I type into the CCL window
Now a few strange things happen:
* CCL does not warn me that the file has changed on the disk (Emacs
* CCL renames the buffer to the backup file ...
* if I want to save it, then it warns that the file has been renamed
I also remember that the 'Revert' menu gets me back the last backup
If the buffer has changed and there is a newer file on the disk, I
would like to have revert buffer replace the buffer contents with the
newer file on disk.
Rainer Joswig, Hamburg, Germany
mailto:joswig at lisp.de
More information about the Openmcl-devel